Leadership Vancouver Island is a community-focused, grassroots leadership development program that aims to inspire and generate capacity for outstanding leadership, learning and service on Vancouver Island.
Since it’s inception in 2005, LVI has graduated over 250 leaders, many of whom have gone on to found companies, take on leadership roles within their organizations, or gain positions in upper-level management or local government. In communities all over Vancouver Island, LVI Alumni are contributing to the health and growth of our region. This has made LVI the go-to leadership development program for many community-minded or highly motivated individuals individuals, as well as Island businesses, local government and non-profit organizations who want to build leadership capacity within their teams.
Who is behind the LVI Program?
The LVI Program is overseen by the Leadership Society of Vancouver Island and delivered by an exceptional team of certified professional coaches, university, business, and community leaders, with program coordination handled by Community Futures Cowichan. Facilitators are from a variety of backgrounds currently working in respective fields. LVI participants are able to gain insights into the hidden challenges and opportunities that exist within their own communities while gaining a better understanding of the dynamics that impact various aspects of their community, and society at large.
What We Care About
- Making a positive contribution to our community
- Affirming that leadership lives within each of us, that it is accessible and inclusive
- The sustainability of our organization and our communities at large
- Fostering a sense of community and belonging
- Providing meaningful learning opportunities to practice and embody personal and professional leadership
- Strengthening leadership accountability in our community.